Rules of Test Participation for the Georgia Ethics Assessments
Test takers must read and agree to comply with all of the rules in the Georgia Ethics section of the GACE® website, in the Georgia Educator Ethics assessment system, and those set forth herein.
1. Compliance: I understand that if I fail to comply with the rules and requirements specified or referenced in the Georgia Ethics section of the GACE website (including these Rules of Test Participation) and in the Georgia Ethics assessment system, or if I take any prohibited actions, my test results may be voided, no refund will be issued, no portion of the testing fee can be applied toward the cost of any future testing fees, I may not be permitted to register for current or future test administrations, my registration may be canceled, I may not be allowed to test, I may be required to test under controlled conditions, and legal proceedings and actions may be pursued as well as any other remedies that the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) and/or ETS may deem appropriate. In addition, I understand that violation of the Rules of Test Participation for the Georgia Educator Ethics assessment may be a violation of the GaPSC's Code of Ethics for Educators and may constitute sufficient grounds to take action against, revoke, suspend, and/or deny a certificate and constitute grounds for legal action.
2. Registration: I have read and agree to the Fees for the Georgia Ethics Assessments. I understand that if any or all fees that are applicable to me are not paid in full for all test dates and/or tests for which I have registered, or if I do not indicate my agreement to abide by all applicable rules, I may not be permitted to register for current or future tests, and/or my score report may not be produced, and/or my score(s) may be voided.
3. Withdrawal: I may not cancel my Georgia Ethics registration once payment has been submitted. Once registration and payment have been submitted, I am not eligible for a refund. If I do not complete my assessment, I will receive no refund or credit of any kind. See Fees for the Georgia Ethics Assessments for policy information concerning cancellation of resubmission registrations.
4. Purpose of Testing: I am seeking to enter an educator or educational leadership preparation program or have recently completed my preparation program and am seeking beginning educator or educational leadership certification.
5. Identification: I understand that I will not be permitted to complete the Georgia Ethics assessment without first creating a MyPSC account on the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) website and providing accurate personal information such as my name, date of birth, Social Security number, and home address. Once I have completed creating a MyPSC account, I am aware that the personal information that I have provided will be electronically transmitted to ETS. I acknowledge that all of the information I have provided to the GaPSC and ETS is accurate to the best of my knowledge, and that the GaPSC and ETS have the right to use this personal information for the purposes of reporting my scores and any other test-related purpose for which they are required.
6. Test Security: I understand that my responses, without the identification of my name, may be used for research, development, and implementation of testing programs, rater training, study materials, or other purposes associated with the program.
7. Plagiarism: ETS reserves the right to cancel the scores of test takers when, in its judgment, there is evidence that a response, or part of a response, has been submitted by another test taker or was developed improperly by the use of unapproved aids, ETS may cancel my score and not refund my fee and may bar me from future test-taking activities. The GaPSC and ETS reserve the right to void my test score(s) if, in their sole opinion, there is adequate reason to question its validity or legitimacy due to circumstances within or beyond my control.
8. Score Reporting and Cancellation: I understand that my score(s) will be reported to me; to the GaPSC; to the educator preparation program provider indicated during registration (if applicable); and to any provider, entity, or person authorized or required by law, inclusive of the GaPSC's compliance with applicable Open Records Requests, to receive this information. I understand that my scores will be made available to me via my online testing account in the Georgia Ethics assessment system and that paper score reports will not be mailed.
9. Voided Score: I understand that if I fail to comply with the rules and requirements set forth in the Georgia Ethics section of the GACE website (including these Rules of Test Participation) and the Georgia Ethics assessment system, or if doubts are raised about the validity or legitimacy of my registration or my score(s), ETS will notify the GaPSC and other parties as deemed appropriate. The GaPSC and ETS reserve the right to void my test score(s) if, in their sole opinion, there is adequate reason to question its validity or legitimacy due to circumstances within or beyond my control. Other actions, as described in Rule 1, may be taken as deemed appropriate by the GaPSC and/or ETS.
10. Rights and Obligations Regarding the Georgia Educator Ethics Assessment: I understand and agree that liability for the adequacy or accuracy of the online assessment system where I will submit my responses, the adequacy or accuracy of the registration and submission processes or conditions, the adequacy or accuracy of score reports, the adequacy or accuracy of scoring, the adequacy or accuracy of information provided to me in connection with the GACE program, and the adequacy of protection of test taker information, will be limited to score correction for no additional fee. I waive any and all rights to all other claims, specifically including but not limited to claims for negligence arising out of any acts or omissions of the GaPSC and ETS (including the employees, agents, contractors, or professional advisors of the GaPSC and ETS).
11. Program Changes: I understand that the testing program is subject to change at any time, and without warning, at the sole discretion of the GaPSC.
12. Rules: I understand that should any of these rules or any other requirement or provision contained in the Georgia Ethics section of the GACE website and the Georgia Ethics assessment system, be declared or determined by any court to be illegal or invalid, the remaining rules, requirements, and provisions will not be affected and the illegal or invalid rule, requirement, or provision shall not be deemed a part of the current website or assessment system. I agree that any legal action arising in connection with my registration for or participation in a test shall be brought in the state and federal courts governing Princeton, New Jersey, and I consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
13. Liability: ETS, including its subcontractors, shall not be liable to test takers, schools, school districts, colleges, universities, state agencies, other score users, or anyone else making claims by or through them for any damages, except as indicated in the Georgia Ethics section of the GACE website and the Georgia Ethics assessment system. These damages which ETS and its subcontractors will not be liable for include, but are not limited to: direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages, which are caused by, arising from, or otherwise related to the failure of the assessment system or the use thereof. Any failure of such persons to comply with ETS's and its subcontractors' test security and test administration policies and procedures, whether or not ETS has been advised of the possibility of such damages, will not incur liability in any part by ETS.