On Test Day
- Admission to a Test Center
To be admitted to a test center, you must have current and valid identification documents. It is your responsibility to bring the correct documents and to ensure that they are up-to-date on the date of the test. It is also your responsibility to ensure that the name you use to create your MyPSC account matches the name on the ID documents you will present at the test center. If your documents are expired, or the name on your documents doesn't match your MyPSC account, you will not be admitted.
- Personal Items
Personal items other than ID documents are not allowed in the testing room. This includes backpacks, phones, purses, tablets, PDAs, watches, and any other electronic, recording, listening, scanning, photographic, or wearable technology devices. If you take any personal items into the testing room, or if you are seen using or accessing any electronic device, including but not limited to text messaging, email, or photographs, your device will be inspected and may be confiscated, and you will be dismissed from the test. You may not access your phone at any time for any reason, including during breaks.
- Leaving the Test Center Prohibited During Test Administration
You are required to remain inside the test center building during the administration and during breaks.
Before You Go to the Test Center
Before you arrive at the test center, there are a number of important things you should do:
- Verify your test location and reporting time — Test locations and reporting times occasionally change. Although every effort will be made to contact you if there is a change, you should access your ETS GACE® testing account and view your admission ticket 24 hours before your test. If there is a change (e.g., a different building than originally scheduled), it will be updated in your testing account. On rare occasions, test centers may be closed or have a delayed opening due to inclement weather conditions. If you are scheduled to take a GACE test and are unsure if your test center is open, information about test center delays and closures is posted on this website.
- Print your admission ticket — Log into your ETS GACE® testing account and print a copy of your admission ticket. Your admission ticket is important because it contains the test center address and reporting time on test day. While you are not required to present it at the test center, you may be asked for it. You will be permitted to test without it.
- Assemble your identification (ID) documents — See ID requirements to be sure your documents will be accepted. You will not be admitted to the test without the correct documents. Be sure that the first and last name on your admission ticket match your ID documents (hyphens, accents, suffixes, middle initials, and spaces in your name will not appear on your admission ticket). All updates to your information must be completed through your MyPSC account on the GaPSC website prior to printing your admission ticket and reporting to the test center. To change your name, you must submit an application to the GaPSC and include appropriate supporting documentation. See the GaPSC website for further information. If your name has changed recently, see "Recent Name Change" on the Identification Requirements page.
- Review the list of what to bring to the test center and the general and testing room guidelines.
- An online calculator is available as part of the testing software for tests that require the use of a graphing or scientific calculator. If the test you are taking requires the use of a graphing or scientific calculator, you are encouraged to utilize the free tutorial so you can practice using the online calculator before test day.
- The Program Admission Mathematics test and the Program Admission combined test both have a four-function calculator built into the testing software. An online tutorial is not yet available for this calculator, however, see some helpful tips for using the four-function calculator.
- If you are taking the French, German, or Spanish assessment you are encouraged to practice using the alternate character toolbar prior to taking the assessment. These assessments require you to enter written responses on the computer. The alternate character toolbar tutorial lets you practice inputting accents and characters specific to the language being tested.
- The Chemistry, Mathematics, Middle Grades Science, Physics, Science, and Special Education Mathematics and Science tests have reference materials built into the testing software. Do not bring reference documents with you to the testing center.
- Dress comfortably and come prepared for varying room temperatures. If you need to remove an item of clothing during the test (e.g., sweater), you will be instructed to place it in the storage area provided the test center at check-in. If no storage area is available, the item of clothing can be hung on the back of your chair. If you leave the testing room to go to the storage area, this will be treated as an unscheduled break; i.e., you will be asked to sign out/in of the testing room, show ID, etc. Note: The exam clock will not stop during this time.
- Test-related information written on clothing, shoes, ID documents, or on any parts of the body is prohibited.
- If you are taking the ASLPI, appropriate dress is required for your evaluation. Wear plain solid color clothing that contrasts with your skin tone (i.e., darker background with lighter skin tones and lighter background with darker skin tones). Do not wear any upper body garments that are red or that contain plaid or plaid designs. Remove sun glasses from your head. Toss chewing gum. Refrain from wearing any visual distractions, such as dangling earrings, bracelets or rings on every finger. These can interfere with clear signing.
Watch the GACE Computer-delivered Test Center Tour video to learn what you can expect at your test center.
- GACE tests are administered at various times throughout the day.
- You must arrive at the designated test center at least 30 minutes before the reporting time printed on your admission ticket.
- If you arrive after the reporting time, you will not be admitted, and your test fees will be forfeited. It is your responsibility to allow plenty of time to arrive by the designated time, regardless of whether there is traffic congestion, road construction, bad weather, car accidents, poor directions, or any other incident that may delay arrival.
- On occasion, weather conditions or other circumstances beyond the test administrator's or ETS's control may require a delayed start or the rescheduling of your test. Check the GACE website before your scheduled test administration for information about test center delays and closures.
- By submitting your registration for a GACE® assessment, you are agreeing to abide by all procedures and policies contained in the Registration Bulletin, in the Rules of Test Participation, and/or communicated to you at the test administration for which you have registered.
- The test duration listed on your admission ticket includes time for tutorials and directional screens that may be included in your test. Actual testing time may be less.
- Dress so you can adapt to any room temperature.
- Test-related information written on clothes, shoes, ID documents, or on any parts of the body is prohibited.
- Weapons and firearms are not allowed in the test center. Smoking is prohibited.
- If you have health-related needs that require you to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room or to take extra or extended breaks, you need to follow the accommodations request procedures in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs.
- Test takers on the testing premises are subject to videotaping, photographing, signature comparison, and other forms of ID comparison. ETS reserves the right to ensure the security of test content by using electronic scanning devices (e.g., hand-held metal detectors/wands). If you refuse to participate in these security measures, you will not be permitted to test and you will forfeit your registration and test fees.
- You are required to remain inside the test center building. It is your responsibility to ask the test administrator for permission to leave the test center vicinity — for example, to go to the nearest restroom. If you leave the test center without permission, you may be dismissed, your test fees may be forfeited, and your scores may be canceled.
- Friends or relatives who accompany you to the test center are not permitted to wait in the test center or be in contact with you while you are taking the assessment. Except for ETS-authorized observers, visitors are not permitted in the testing room while testing is in progress.
- If you fail to follow the instructions of the test center staff, you will not be permitted to test and your test fee will not be refunded. Any violation of these procedures during the test or during breaks may result in dismissal from the test center and/or cancellation of your test scores.
- Discussion or sharing of test content or answers during the test administration, during breaks, or after the test is prohibited.
- On occasion, weather conditions or other circumstances beyond the test center or ETS's control may require a delayed start or the rescheduling of your test.
- ETS and the GaPSC reserve the right to take appropriate action and/or notify appropriate authorities including, but not limited to, law enforcement authorities, if a test taker responds in a threatening or disturbing way to essay or speaking questions, or communicates with ETS or other individuals either verbally or in writing in a threatening or disturbing manner.