If you are enrolled in or seeking admission to a Georgia state-approved educator preparation program, you must be approved to test by your program provider in order to take a GACE assessment for Georgia certification.
If you have a different reason for testing, the GaPSC will provide approval to test through your MyPSC account.
Log in to your MyPSC account and select Assessments at the top of the MyPSC home page. Follow the steps below to request or confirm eligibility to test:
- Select the reason why you want to take the GACE assessment. See Reasons for Testing.
- If you are enrolled in or have completed an approved program, you will see the list of programs and providers where you have claimed enrollment and your status for your eligibility to test for the program(s). If you do not see any programs and providers listed, it means you have not claimed your enrollment. See Claiming Your Enrollment Record below.
- Select the assessment for which you are requesting eligibility to test from the drop-down menu.
- Click the ADD button.
- Confirm your choices by typing "yes" in the space provided and then click FINISH. (You can click QUIT to cancel your selection.)
- Your profile and eligibilities will be transmitted to ETS.
- At the bottom of the Assessments page is a list of your active and pending eligibility requests and their status. Note: Program providers are notified via email of pending requests for eligibility.
Claiming Your Enrollment Record
Your program provider will create an enrollment record for you in the GaPSC system. Log in to your MyPSC account and select Program in the MyPSC menu to claim your enrollment record. If no matching record is found, check with your program provider. Once you have claimed your enrollment record, go back to the Assessments page, select reason 2, and select the program for which you want to add the assessment.
Choosing Score Recipients
Scores are automatically sent to the GaPSC. You may also add up to three score recipients as part of your test fee. The recipients you add should be based on your reason for testing.
Reasons 1 and 3
- You must add the program you are enrolled in or seeking admission into as a score recipient.
- Your scores will automatically be sent to the GaPSC and the program provider granting approval to test. You do not need to add them as a score recipient.
Reasons 4, 5, and 6
- Your scores will automatically be sent to the GaPSC. You do not need to add them as a score recipient.
- You must add the program you are seeking admission into as a score recipient. Your scores will automatically be sent to the GaPSC. You do not need to add them as a score recipient.
See Reasons for Testing for a breakdown of all possible reasons to test, and the conditions required for each selection.