GACE® Teacher Leadership Assessment Registration and Submission
Upcoming Changes to Test Format
Beginning with the Spring 2019 submission window, the format of the GACE® Teacher Leadership assessment will be revised so that each task will be broken down into three steps. The activities, the guiding prompts, and the rubrics will not change.
Whether you will take the test in the Revised Format with Steps (Test Code 313) or the Original Format (Test Code 303) will depend on the submission window for which you registered.
See the information below to determine which format of the test you will take, and which materials to review.
- All first-time candidates: Revised Format with Steps
- Candidates resubmitting for Fall 2018 or earlier: Original Format
- Candidates resubmitting for Spring 2019 or later: Revised Format with Steps
See the registration dates and submission windows for the GACE Teacher Leadership assessment. Be sure to register early enough to allow yourself plenty of time to complete the assessment.
Registration for the GACE Teacher Leadership assessment is a five-step process:
- Create or update your MyPSC account on the GaPSC website.
- The GaPSC sends your profile and eligibility information to ETS.
- An ETS Customer Service Representative creates a testing account for you in the Teacher Leadership registration system (it is not the same registration system used for other GACE assessments) and notifies you via email when it is complete. The email will contain your login credentials for the Teacher Leadership registration system.
- Access your testing account in the Teacher Leadership registration system and register for the assessment.
- Once you have completed your registration, you are provided with access to the online submission system.
See the Teacher Leadership Registration Quick Reference Guide for more detailed instructions.
Choosing Your Submission Window
When you register for the assessment, you will be required to select a submission window. Choose a submission window that will give you plenty of time to complete the assessment. See Dates and Deadlines. If you select a submission window and then decide to change to a later one, you will be subject to a $50 rescheduling fee.
Submitting Task Responses and Artifacts
You will compose and enter your responses and upload artifacts in the Teacher Leadership submission system. Task responses can be entered one at a time or simultaneously. When you submit a task response for scoring, it must be complete and include all required artifacts. Note that appropriate artifact file types include doc, pdf, ppt, xls, docx, pptx, xlsx, rtf, jpeg, png, or txt. Files must not exceed 1 MB. Artifact file names can include letters, numbers, and other characters such as periods, underscores, hyphens, square brackets, and parentheses (rtf files from a Macbook® will not upload correctly).
All tasks and artifacts must be submitted by the same deadline date. See Dates and Deadlines.
Rescheduling Your Submission Window
If you select a submission window and then decide to change to a later one, you will be subject to a $50 rescheduling fee.
Rescheduling can only be done if the registration deadline for the initial submission window has not passed and the new submission window is open for registration.
Note: Tasks and artifacts uploaded for the original submission window will not transfer automatically to the new submission window. If you reschedule, you will be required to re-upload any tasks and artifacts you have previously uploaded. All tasks and artifacts must be submitted by the same deadline date.
Resubmitting a Task
If you do not pass the assessment, you are allowed to resubmit any or all of the six tasks. There is a $75 resubmission fee for each task you choose to resubmit.
You are allowed to resubmit two additional times to attempt to receive a passing score. Tasks may be resubmitted in the resubmission window immediately following the original submission window, or you may wait until the next window. The two-resubmission limit still applies. If you do not resubmit within this timeframe, you will have to register and pay to retake the assessment. See Dates and Deadlines for resubmission windows.
- Read all of the requirements and guiding prompts requested in each task, and make sure you are not omitting any details in your response.
- Ensure any artifacts being submitted are relevant and clear, and properly illustrate what is being requested in the task they are associated with.
- Save your work frequently when you are working in the submission system; any work you do not save may be lost if your session times out. If you are idle for 30 minutes or more while you are logged into the online submission system, the system will time out.